Friday 16 April 2010

Evaluation

In what ways does your media product use, develop or challenge forms and conventions of real media products?



My media product follows many of the main conventions of the period drama genre. I attempted to keep the pace of the editing rather slow, as is typical in all of the period dramas which I studied. I also chose to try and make my production appear close and intimate with panning shots over items important to the main character, which I was inspired to implement after watching the long panning shot across the young girls bedroom at the begining of the period drama Atonement.

What kind of media institution might distribute your media product and why?

I believe that the kind of institution that would distribute my media production could potentially be nearly every film institution since many do distribute period films of any age or subgenre. however with regard to the subgenre of my production being romance I would suggest a distribution company that is well known for releasing period drama's and has banked a reputation on this. I believe that an institution may be interested in distributing my product as period dramas are a niche market and that not that many are currently in production.

Who would be the audience for your media product?

Having followed most of the typical conventions of this genre I believe that the audience for my production would be people who are over the age of 40, predominantly women since my production like many other period dramas carries a romance subgenre.

What have you learnt about technologies from the process of constructing this product?

From creating this production I believe that I have come to use imovie more effectively than I previously could, since before I had only used it a handful of times. however now I understand considerably more about it and its many features and utilities. Also I believe that I have come to understand the functions and features of an apple mac in more detail as before I barely used one continuously.

Looking back at your preliminary task, what do you feel you have learnt in the progression from it to the full product?

From looking back at our preliminary task I would have to say that I have discovered several interesting camera angles which I can use to my advantage. Also I have learnt to use the camera more efficiently as at the begining of the project I was unsure of many of the cameras features and often took a long time to set up and use the camera.

1 comment: