Friday 16 April 2010

Changes made whilst filming

During the course of my filming I found myself deciding to change certain aspects of my production. One of my first changes was to use a gramophone as a prop in the first few shots as I was lucky enough to acquire one shortly after I'd begun filming. One of the larger changes I made was to alter effectively most of the narrative by adding in a prop card reading "in loving memory" which altered the tone considerably since instead of walking out on her lover the main character was now getting over his death and going out to face the world. I also decided to reflect this decision by changing the title of my film to "In Loving Memory". In hindsight one thing I have realised is that the music I had chosen originally no longer matches the tone of the film.
Finally one other thing which I had to change when filming was the layout of the room I had chosen since originally I had wanted to place the desk the main character sits at against a wall on the opposite side of the room however from this position the radiator against the adjoining wall would have been clearly visable in nearly every shot. Which I felt would have detracted from the period feel of the room in the final piece.

No comments:

Post a Comment